Sunday 22 August 2010

Why break ups arent so bad...

Could it be just a dream? I shudder at my own question.

While reasoning out with myself and the justifications I always seem to have for everything, the heavy pounding on my door makes me jump out of bed.

The time reads 3 in the morning.

8 hours ago…

It was a dinner date with Karma, something we haven't done in the last 18 months we have been together. No candles lit, no red roses and no champagne. Just a normal dinner.

"We need to end this." I didn't know what he meant. "The relationships," he said looking away from me.

His words pierced right through my heart.

I didn't know what to say.

My whole life became a blank page, and for that moment I was lost for words.

With that, he said nothing more. He gave me a faint smile and stood up and walked away without looking back, not even once.

The food arrived shortly after he left.

He left me and didn't even bother paying for dinner. "So typically him," I thought.

7 hours ago…

For that moment I never realized that it took just one hour for someone to end an 18 month relationship.

Question! Was it really over?

Yes, it was.

Before I knew, I was already in a bar, drinking shots of whisky, one after another, like as if I have been hungry for it for years.

I probably didn't know how to take a not-so-bad breakup. But I knew something went wrong and that was why I was drinking.

The last thing I remember, I was looking for my keys.

I took a moment to love my new handbag. Something I had spent half a month's salary. I loved it, some bits of metal and leather stitched together to hold my life. I gave it a long loving look and a gentle pat. "I still have you baby," I whispered.

4 hours ago…

I had jumped straight into bed. Buried my face in my decade old pillow and cried. That was the first time I cried since Karma left me. I couldn't believe I lasted that long.

I cried myself to sleep.

3 am…

The pounding on the door did not stop.

I let out a whisper, "who is this?" There was no answer.

I peeped through the key hole, there was no one.

I opened the door to find a gift wrapped box with a card on it. It read, "Happy Valentine's Day, love Penjor."

I smiled, break ups aren't really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment