Sunday 22 August 2010

SEVEN BOYS (griefs and tears)

In each house of the deceased monks chanted prayers. The parents looked tired, withered and still in a state of shock.
Sangay Dawa’s mother, Rinzin Dema who rushed from Paro on hearing about the tragic incident said she had never felt helpless in her entire life.
“I not only lost my son, but I lost my daughter too,” she said. “He was both to me, I thought my future was secured because I had him as my child,” she said as she cried.
Fighting tears, she said he was ever ready to help others. But when he faced death, no one could help him not even herself as his mother.
Tshewang Tenzin spoke to BT with regret in his mind, he said it seemed like he was there not to save his son but only to watch him die.
“If only I could get to see his body, the sin of not being able to save my son will go away,” he said.
As for Sangay Pem, she will never forget the fear on her son’s face and his shrill voice calling out for her as he was washed away.
“I am ashamed I couldn’t do anything. I just stood there and watch my son being washed away,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment