Sunday 22 August 2010

My death...

Death came slow as I lay there waiting. I was hoping it would just knock on my door as a wake up call and turn away. But it didn't!

It was past three in the morning, I was working late.

I hurried to my car, it was raining. The street was empty, only a few cars roared on the other street, breaking the silence of the night.

I turned my key in the ignition, my second hand truck came to life and I roared away, trying to make myself comfortable for an hour long drive home.

I took the left turning to get to the main road, my phone started to ring. I dug through my bag but I couldn't find my phone. My eyes were now on my bag although my hands were still on the wheel.

Just then strong yellow lights blinded me; I held my grip tight on the wheel and pulled hard towards the left. The big Tata truck almost threw me off road.

I pulled over on the side and put my head on the wheel. I took in the deepest and the longest breath.

Before I could let my breath out, something big hit my car and sent me flying off the cliff.

Time stopped for a moment, everything became quiet, my head felt light and there was nothing beneath my feet.

I felt as light as a feather, I could feel nothing, not even the beat of my heart.

There was peace, silence and DARKNESS.

Something crashed, heavily on a rock. Before I realized it was my car I was thrown out of the window and I landed on a small stream nearby.

I didn't know for how long I had passed out but when I came back to my senses, my world through my eyes seemed to be a blur, nothing but hazy and distant.

I tried to move, but I couldn't.

I let my eyes travel over my body; I could only see half of me. The other half was crushed under my car.

I tried to move my head and I felt something chill running in and out of my head. The water from the stream was running inside my head while my blood was flowing into the stream.

I lay there waiting for death.

I tried to scream but I couldn't hear myself at all.

In a flash of a moment, I saw my life. It was something like those flashbacks in a movie. Just that it was in black and white.

Everything that mattered to me flashed back.

I felt no pain for I knew my seconds were numbered.

Then the pain began. It was unbearable, something like getting toothache all over your body and you insides too.

I started to get prickly feelings all over; I knew I was losing blood.

The unbearable pain made me wish death came soon.

But death came slowly.

Death came to me only after three hours.

At a distant, I saw some flashlights. I tried to smile, finally there were some people coming to rescue me.

I was beginning to fall into a deep slumber, my eyes felt heavy, apart from that I didn't feel anything else.

Death had finally come to me, I tried to shoo away death. Tears started to roll down my cheeks and merge with the blood.

Yet again, I felt no pain. Death was indeed peaceful.

A face, unfamiliar came close to mine. He was one of my saviors who came too late.

He bent down and said, "Wake up, you are going to drop Wangyal late to school."

No comments:

Post a Comment