Sunday 22 August 2010

A movie moment...

There he was, sitting on the table next to where I was seated. He had his earphone plugged into his ears. I was listening to my very own favourite love song by Willie Nelson, "Always on my mind."

I was having a rough day and I just wanted someone to take notice of it and brighten my day.

Unfortunately, the only person who could make me smile was the one who made me cry that day.

My passion for food, music and being alone was perhaps the most perfect set up for an unexpected romance.

As Willies's song played on and the emotions from the singer went from somber to powerful, I gazed across my table, on to his table and into his beautiful eyes staring at me with the gentlest look.

I felt the rush of chemistry run through me like a lightning bolt and I stopped the music suddenly, unplugging my earphones and just randomly looked around to release myself from the embarassment.

He smiled from the table but said nothing.

That made me feel even more concious, I could feel the heat on my face. I was blushing for sure.

And then, I could have kissed my luck a thousand times.

He got up and walked right across and sat on the chair next to me. "What were you listening to?" he asked me, his voice softer than his gaze.

"Willie Nelson's Always on my mind," I am still not sure even today if I squeaked while I said that.

"Wow this is like a movie moment," he said. "I was listening to the same song," and he handed me his left earphone and we listened to the song together.

Every day after that, we met for lunch. Five years have passed and we still meet for lunch every day. We are each other's best friend and untill now we never forget the reasons we fell in love.

And sometimes, we meet eachother with our family and listen to Willie's song. His wife loves the song and so does my husband.

(This is a piece of fiction dedicated to all those who doesnt have the person they are in love with)

No comments:

Post a Comment