Wednesday 22 December 2010

Get Drunk, Get Divorced...That's The Way it is!!!

I bought a bottle of whiskey home. Nothing but the bottle was full; there was emptiness all around me.

I filled a glass, as the whiskey poured into the glass, life poured in too. There is so much joy in drinking alone at times.

Who but the broken hearted drinks alone?

Finishing the whiskey in one gulp seemed to be the same feeling ending my single status life.

It just runs down your throat, the burning sensation in your head, making you feel nice and secure and eventually making you love life, not the whiskey but the feeling.

The same seems to be with marriages, happy or not, there is always a burning sensation within you with your status changing from single to married.

You actually love life, not your husband but the feeling of being married.

I make myself another drink and once again gulp it down.

Just to get the taste of it, either because I need to get drunk or because I paid for it!

Exactly, how marriages are, you get married because you are compelled to or because you paid for it by falling in love.

Now everything seems to be a bit tipsy, I feel I should have had the whiskey a bit slowly or mixed with coke.

Typically, my marriage again!

After a few months being entitled to the “married” status, I feel I should have taken it a bit slowly or should have mixed the pros and cons of married life.

I wait for a while, wondering if I should have another drink.

I think I am done!

But, what the heck? How will I ever get drunk if I don’t try to get myself drunk

Similarly, I wonder if I should give sometime for this marriage to work out. How will I ever know if I fell in love with him if I don’t give it a try? I decide to have another drink, this time making sure I keep in mind to have it with coke.

At the same time I did decide to give my marriage another try but making sure I keep the mixture of the pros and cons of what I would already call a “failing marriage.”

The feeling now seems to be good; I am smiling for giving it a try to bring this feeling to me.

The feeling of being drunk as well as the feeling for “trying” to make my marriage work. Which one ever it is, I have the feeling of achieving something.

Floating on what seems to be straight out of “Aladdin’s magic carpet,” I do not have my toes on the ground.

Yeah baby! I am flying!

Do I decide to have another drink?

The floating is finally over; everything seems to be spinning around. Is it the feeling or the world itself that’s spinning? I begin to wonder!

Drinking and getting married is similar but getting drunk and being in the marriage are just the same.

A storming headache makes me wanna cry. “I can’t take it any more,” the voice keeping banging at the back of my head. “Move on, just let it out. Run to the rest room.” But my legs can’t move.

My now almost failed marriage tells me to get out of it, to walk out of it and to just let it go. Stubborn in my blood! I still wonder if I should have another drink in what I would call a “pathetic situation.” And I wonder if I should give my marriage another try in what I would call a “stupid situation.”

“No more of both,” I finally let out a cry!

Out come almost all of my insides with details I will leave it up to you to imagine and off goes my marriage with what I will leave up to you to call a divorce.

I finally sigh!

Looking forward to the next day, I try to get outta bed.

A bad hangover for sure!

Marriages are just like bad hangovers; it lasts as long as you have ‘drunk’ moments and goes away.

Similarly, marriages last as long as you are married and the feeling goes away the moment you get your mind off it!

So get drunk, get married, get hangovers and get divorced. That’s the way life is, atleast for some, atleast for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment